Whether you think Valentine's Day is too much hype or not enough, it's still fun to make cute treats for friends, coworkers, or peers. We love these homemade lollipops, and it's a great way to spend an afternoon with a friend.
Here's what you'll need:
2 cups sugar
2/3 cup corn syrup
2/3 cup water
Candy flavouring, (we used passionfruit)
Baking candy (such as heart sprinkles)
10 lollipop sticks
1. Lightly grease the lollipop mold with cooking spray.
2. Stir sugar, corn syrup, and water in a saucepan.
3. Bring to boil over high heat.
4. Keep heating, don't stir the mixture, insert a candy thermometer until it reaches 302 degrees F.
5. Remove from heat.
6. Wait until the boiling mixture has stopped bubbling, and use a spoon to drop the liquid candy into your prepared mold. Carefully place your heart shaped candy (one in each lollipop) on top.
7. Place the lollipop sticks in the candy, and turn a bit so it's secure.
8. Allow to harden and pop out of mold!
You can wrap the lollipops with cellophane and tie with a cute ribbon. Gift as a candy bouquet or individually, either way this is a great way to make homemade treats for everyone you care about, and it's quite inexpensive too!
Happy Valentine's Day!
xoxo from Plenty!