The Associate Designer will work together with the Design Director to create unique and innovative products relative to the seasonal concepts and appropriate for the Plenty mass customer. The Designer must have a keen eye for detail paired with a passion and excitement for fashion and trends, product development, and merchandising.
- Complete collection plan requirements based on research, market trends, and business strategy for the Plenty customer
- Create storyboards to ensure that each style executes on the creative vision for the collection
- Directly communicate with vendors
- Design silhouettes, select trims and colours for approved materials
- Collaborate closely with the Technical Designers, Assistants and Buyers to communicate clear vision and specifications for confirmed silhouettes
- Attend and participate in weekly fittings and all relevant design meetings
- Previous (2-3 years) work experience directly in women's apparel.
- Proficient in Illustrator and flat drawing (Illustrator). Must be able to interpret garments into detailed flat drawings in a fast paced timeframe.
- Ability to translate flat drawings and translate to technical packages.
- Highly self motivated, self starter and creative individual with the ability to recognize and forecast fashion and cultural trends as they relate to the Plenty customer
- Relevant design experience and a Bachelor’s degree from a top Fashion Design program
- Adept knowledge of garment manufacturing, fabrics, trims, washes, sourcing
- Proficient math skills and the ability to work within and exceed business objectives with creative and innovative solutions
- Strong desire to produce quality designs and garments as well as execute new designs and products to push the Plenty customer forward
- A team player with excellent communication and organizational skills to effectively collaborate and multitask with all levels within the company
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office and Microsoft Excel
- Full time in-house
Please email your resume/CV to email@example.com with the job title in the subject. Qualified applicants will be contacted.