Reporting to the Director of Design, the Designer will create unique and innovative product relative to the seasonal concepts and appropriate for the Plenty customer. The Designer must have a keen eye for detail paired with a passion and excitement for fashion and trends, product development, and merchandising.
- Initiate and complete collection plan requirements based on research, market trends, and business strategy for the Plenty customer
- Create storyboards to ensure that each style executes on the creative vision for the collection
- Directly communicate with vendors
- Design silhouettes, select trims and colours for approved materials
- Collaborate closely with the Technical Designers, Assistants and Buyers to communicate clear vision and specifications for confirmed silhouettes
- Attend and participate in weekly fittings and all relevant design meetings
- Highly self motivated, self starter and creative individual with the ability to recognize and forecast fashion and cultural trends as they relate to the Plenty customer
- Relevant design experience and a Bachelor’s degree from a top Fashion Design program
- Adept knowledge of garment manufacturing, fabrics, trims, washes, sourcing
- Proficient math skills and the ability to work within and exceed business objectives with creative and innovative solutions
- Strong desire to produce quality designs and garments as well as execute new designs and products to push the Plenty customer forward
- A team player with excellent communication and organizational skills to effectively collaborate and multitask with all levels within the company
- Proficient computer skills of Illustrator, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel
Please email your resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject. Qualified applicants will be contacted.